What Is a Mindset?
Your mindset is a set of beliefs that shape how you make sense of the world and yourself. It influences how you think, feel, and behave in any given situation.
A business mindset in our context is a way of thinking that enables you to uncover and see problems as opportunities and then turning those opportunities into a business. It is an understanding that everything around us is the result of someone having an idea and then executing it.
Having the proper success mindset as an entrepreneur will enable you to deal more effectively with the day-to-day of your business. Because you will be thinking – and acting – like a true entrepreneur.
What Is My Mindset?
Do you have a fixed or growth mindset? To find out, start by reading the following statements and decide which ones you agree with most:
- You’re born with a certain amount of intelligence and it isn’t something that can be changed.
- No matter who you are, there isn’t much you can do to improve your basic abilities and personality.
- People are capable of changing who they are.
- You can learn new things and improve your intelligence.
- People either have particular talents, or they don’t. You can’t just acquire talent for things like music, writing, art, or athletics.
- Studying, working hard, and practicing new skills are all ways to develop new talents and abilities.
If you tend to agree most with statements 1, 2, and 5, then you probably have a more fixed mindset. If you agree most with statements 3, and 4, 6, however, then you probably tend to have a growth mindset.
Does Your Mindset Impact Your Business Relationships?
It all comes down to mindset. Mindset impacts business relationships, and ultimately the success of an organization’s culture and the bottom line.
Carol Dweck, Ph.D., is a world-renowned researcher in the field of motivation at Stanford University, and she developed this concept. She says:
· Intellect and talent don’t guarantee success and therefore stand in their way.
· Praising doesn’t foster self-esteem and accomplishment. It jeopardizes them.
· Teaching a simple concept about the brain raises productivity.
Importance of Communication
Can you imagine running a business without communication? If yes, then you may have serious efficiency problems that would lead to money out of your company’s pocket. It’s therefore essential to note that communication has a vital role in all aspects of your business. Here are some of the reasons why effective communication should be the heart of your company and how you should improve it.
Business owners like you should focus on communication when running the operations side of your company. After all, selling and delivering products or services without excellent communication can be a huge problem.
Cece as she likes to refer to herself is an Inspiration Activist. She is an advocate for a good life and she believes the food we eat has a lot to say about the quality of life we live. In her bio, she says how the transition to plant-based meals saved her life. She has great insights into how our food affects our lives.
You can listen to the episode here
You can also catch the video format here.