A lot of entrepreneurs create and digital products, especially printables as a core part of their business product offering.
What Are Printables?
Printables are exactly like they sound; documents that can be printed and used by customers. Today, people need help organizing, planning, and more, and they’re buying printables to make these tasks easier. Printables are a great side business because they require a little work upfront and then virtually no work on the backend. Creating a printable and selling it online isn’t as complicated as it sounds.
How Do I Make Printables?
The tools and resources you’ll need depend in part by what you plan to create, but here is a list of common needs:
- Word Processors such as MS Word or Google Docs
- Fillable PDF tools such as Adobe Acrobat Reader, Wondershare PDF, or PDFescape
- MS Publisher
- Adobe InDesign
- Spreadsheets such as MS Excel or Google Sheets
Here are two tips for creating your printable layout.
- Maximize white space
- Don’t use more than two fonts at once
Types Of Printables
- Calendar Planners
- Project Planners (i.e. DIY home repair or business social media planning)
- Meal Planners
- Financial Planners
- Diet and/or fitness planners
- Trackers (i.e. weight loss, debt repayment, etc)
- Coloring sheets (for kids and adults)
Selling printables can be a great way of generating income because of the ease of its development. One can learn the different ways and easily develop printables that are both functional and appealing to the user. This can also be a strategic way of building brand awareness.